Thursday, March 16, 2006

Newest Marios

Here's some new Mario paintings I did for this year's I Am 8-Bit show. When thinking about the new pieces, I wanted to try to do ideas I didn't have a chance to touch on the first time around.

Here's a little known fact that Mario had a submarine from Mario Land for the Gameboy:


I always try to incorporate the frame into the color choices and sometimes the actual design. I'll have to track down a picture of the framed piece.

(This really isn't the best scan of this piece, sorry!)



Mario 3 Power ups---I know, I'm missing Kuribo's Shoe, but I'm saving that one...

This was actually my first painting entirely digital to paint, no physical rough...



Next post, Legend of Zelda paintings!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Marc Deckter said...

I might have to steal your idea of testing out the colors with Flash before painting!

Great Post!

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome Marios!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Jay D Smith said...

great colours!!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Hooray for mario! Yura gonna wiiinnn!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey great painting..

What type of paint are you using and what are you doing them on?

Jason

5:32 PM  
Blogger Gabe Swarr said...

I usually use acrylics on illustration board. My newest stuff is on all kinds of surfaces, which is even more torture, but cool results!

The paint barely took to that McDonald's wrapper for the Burgertime painting, I do not recommend working on that!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Martin Wittig said...

Awesome artwork man! I really love your color/design work!

2:04 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

I remember that gameboy game. Sweet youth. I love the green tones you used to emulate the gameboy color palette. Very cool!

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home