Monday, June 19, 2006

Pooh Painting

This is one of the coolest/weirdest ideas for an art show! You take a classroom of school children and read a Winnie the Pooh storybook to them. Then, each kid gets assigned one page to illustrate, but without looking at the book. Then, that drawing, This one done by Grace:


is given to an artist, then they do a painting based on the drawing.



At the art show they are going to display my piece next to Grace's piece. Then the last step, the galleries proceeds get donated to the school.

My piece is titled "Weren't Together" becuase that's the reason that Christopher Robins is crying, he's imagining what it would be like if him and Pooh were no longer friends.

So, please come to the art show, help these kids, and enjoy all the interpretaions of cool kids' drawings.

The show starts this Tuesday June 20th at Gallery 1988 (Melrose and LA Brea)at 7PM. The show features 19 real artistsand me.

12 Comments:

Blogger scottc said...

holy crap. that is the raddest idea ever. man.
i love those little tear pellets also.

10:58 PM  
Blogger SteveLambe said...

Hilarious! If the rest of the show is anywhere near as fun as this, then I can't wait to check it out.

11:47 PM  
Blogger tirui said...

what a great idea! children's drawings can be really inspiring. when i taught kids art classes a few years ago, i got lots of ideas from their simple fearless scribbles.

2:21 AM  
Blogger Franfou said...

Would love to live close to LA , it is sure I would go there !!!
By the way very fun, another great piece and good idea from you...

Are your paints mostly done on wood or on canvas ?
Bye !

6:10 AM  
Blogger Animated AF said...

What an ingenius idea!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Gabe Swarr said...

I usually paint on illustration board. I've done peices on wood, metal, mousetraps, and animation cels.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Franfou said...

cool, thanks Gabe ... you gave me the interest to start painting soon, sounds very fun to do...

1:38 AM  
Blogger geenpool said...

Damn!! That's awesome. I just might have my nephew draws me ups some things for me to paint. Thanks for the excellent idea, tho my execution won't be nearly as choice as yours. Very nice paintin.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy. I got sent here via Peggy, an old friend of yours from Spumco. We also both have some work on lifemetercomics. I just wanted to say I've really been enjoying your work. I wonder if you'd be willing to talk about process a little? Such as how you transfer sketch to canvas and or the process you have for applying color.

-T'

8:59 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

Very cute. Gabe and Grace make a great team!

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home