Tuesday, April 07, 2009

DSi Launch

The launch event was tons of fun. I signed posters, talked to some really cool fans and just was super honored to be a part of it

Here's some pictures my wife took at the DSi launch.

This is me signing away. Jon Set up these really cool banners. These were to remind everyone that these posters were actually drawn by real people.

Like this guy. Matt Furie.


His drawings are really weird and funny, and yes he gets extra points for wearing a Showbiz Pizza Place shirt!


When I was busy signing, I didn't even know I was being filmed! Does anyone know what this was for?


Man, I wish I would have left more space to draw people into the poster! I barely squeezed them in there!


This is my wife and I enjoying the official Nintendo fireworks. We didn't even leave until 2am. It was quiet tiring, especially after going to my good friend Aaron Horvath and Brooke's wedding. Sorry guys, I wish I could have stayed longer!

Here's some more pictures of the entire event.

Thanks to everyone that helped, Jon, Nintendo, and especially the fans! Enjoy your DSis! I know I am!

11 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

Awesome Gabe!

12:29 PM  
Blogger ZSL said...

did you get a free dsi ;)

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Funny videos said...

Nice photo collection.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Nico said...

Whoa, Nintendo brand fireworks! Looks like a great night, congrats on all the fun! That poster is epic!!

4:02 AM  
Blogger SRBachman said...

I linked some of your work on my blog, in a post about Mario. I hope you don't mind, your stuff's great.

Here's a link to the post.
http://letmeshowyasomethingsweet.blogspot.com/2009/04/family-friend-through-years.htmlThanks,
Sam

10:47 AM  
Blogger Gabe Swarr said...

Wow! Thanks! I did get a free DSi. Thanks everyone!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Hobo Divine said...

Looks like you had a BLAST!

so awesome!
Cool artwork too!

12:56 AM  
Blogger scottc said...

you guys are the best. that poster rules.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Vhrsti said...

Looks like very good time ;-)
Nice blog, love your illustrations!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Stephen Worth said...

I require more puppy pics!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

Hey Gabe,

The poster looks amazing. Is there any way that I could still get one? I am a huge fan of your work on Big Pants Mouse. And was not around for the 8-Bit show.

Thanks,

Bryan

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home